Many of us have been brushing our teeth for as long as we can remember, but did you know that there are a right way and a wrong way to brush your teeth? If you aren’t brushing for at least two minutes, twice a day, then your oral hygiene routine may need a little bit of work. Dr. Lis Bradley, DDS is more than happy to give you a lesson in home oral care, but until your next appointment, she’d like to advise that you implement the proper toothbrush technique.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth in a circular motion in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria.
If you have questions or concerns about preventive oral care, please give us a call. To learn about the services we provide at the practice, visit www.lisbradleydds.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Lis Bradley, DDS in Brentwood, TN, call 615-778-0810.